Washroom Cubicles: Frequently Asked Questions
When it comes to washroom design, we think of everything, from the most suitable material for your project to how it should be maintained. We have been designing, manufacturing and supplying washroom products to industries such as; the education sector, commercial, healthcare, leisure centres, and hotels for more than 70 years. Our high-quality washroom products range from cubicles to IPS panelling, lockers and bench seating, so when it comes to choosing the correct solution for your environment, you can rest assured that we have got you covered.
To help get you started on your washroom journey, our washroom expert David has put together answers to the top questions that we get asked regularly by customers about our cubicles.
- What are the standard sizes for toilet cubicles? There are no set standard cubicle sizes; however, we do work to the current building regulations and the required turning space of 450mm when providing advice and recommendations.
- What are the required dimensions for a disable toilet cubicle in the UK? Accessible toilets must be installed in a room with a minimum length of 2250mm and a width of 1500mm.
- How do we maintain/clean our washroom cubicles? All the materials we supply are hard-wearing but we do provide cleaning and maintenance information for each material.
- What kind of materials do you use to manufacture toilet cubicles from? We have a range of materials, including moisture resistance melamine faced chipboard (MFC), laminated medium-density fibreboard (MDF) and solid grade compact for our cubicle systems. We also offer advice on the most suitable material for your application and a wide range of colour options.
- How many toilet cubicles would I need? We can assist with surveying, technical advice and provide CAD drawings which will detail the cubicle layouts allowing for opening sizes and turning circles.
- What is the lead time on toilet cubicles? All our toilet cubicles are manufactured to order, and our lead time is generally 4/5 weeks. Specific projects may incur longer lead times depending on individual customer requirements.
If you have a question that we haven’t covered regarding our washroom solutions, please get in touch, and one of our experts will be happy to assist you in finding a suitable solution for your project.